Head of Strategic Portfolio and Awards (Grants) Management
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Role Purpose: The position holder is responsible for delivering an efficient and effective award management function. S/he will lead award management for all programmes, and develop best practice award management processes across the Sudan Country Office. The role has four main aspects to it: lead and develop the Country Office Strategic Portfolio, Effective Award Management; Partnership Management, capacity building of staff and contributing to the development of best practices systems and processes.
The role offers a leadership opportunity for an individual highly experienced in grants management, business development and donor communications. It requires an individual capable of providing strategic leadership to a dynamic team, which is responsible for supporting ambitious fundraising targets as well as the management of a portfolio of awards approximately valued at $ 30 Million.
- Post graduate qualification in Finance management, Grants management or equivalent
- A minimum of a 5 years experience in senior management role
- Sound knowledge of the requirements and strategic perspectives of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting, notably USAID, EU (DEVCO and ECHO), UNICEF, GAC etc.
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Action-oriented analytical skills; demonstrated experience in setting up and maintaining quality assurance /compliance systems
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience of corporate representation and engaging with donors at country strategic levels.
- Experience of and well-developed skills in staff management, development & coaching, as well as supervision and oversight with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills.
- Experience with Save the Children award management policies, procedures and systems (AMS)
- Understanding of financial reporting from Save the Children’s accounting software (Agresso)
- Experience of Project Management, M&E Management or Funding Coordination
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs;
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 15 Sep 2020
Closing date: 28 Sep 2020 - 22:59 CAT
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Department: Awards Management
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time