Transfer & Distribution Officer
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified person to fill the position of Transfer & Distribution Officer for Titukulane Programme based in Zomba. The Position Holder will be entrusted with the responsibility to oversee the accounting and tracking of all food commodities being acquired and distributed to the village level beneficiaries by the implementing partners. The Transfer and Distribution Officer (TDO) will be expected to provide guidance to Transfer and Distribution Coordinators on preparation of periodical Commodity Status Report (CSR), Recipient Status Report (RSR), Daily Commodity Distribution Summary, Receipt Summary and Commodity Loss Status Report (CLSR) Summary, Damage and Misused Commodity Report (DMCR), etc. The TDO will also work hand in hand with M&E Technical Coordinators and Transfer & Distribution Manager at PMU for an effective transfer and distribution system.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Logistics, Social studies, Development studies or relevant field. Those with a Degree will have an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in commodity management, especially USAID/FFP programmes
- Experience in community mobilization and training
- Excellent planning and budgeting skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent Team Player
- Good communication skills and team work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows/Word/Excel required.
- Must be well organized and capable of completing multiple tasks before a deadline.
- Sound report writing skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 15 May 2020
Closing date: 25 May 2020 - 23:59 CAT
Location: Zomba, Malawi
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time